Garden City Community College will offer Buster Live Distance, a new classroom delivery mode, beginning this fall.
Buster Live Distance allows students to use Zoom to participate in a live, real-time class without coming to the GCCC campus.
Buster Live Distance sections aim to increase access for students who cannot travel to campus.
Students in a Buster Live Distance course contribute to the course community by responding
verbally using their camera and microphone, adding to the chat when appropriate, and interacting through Zoom with other students in virtual breakout rooms and small groups.
Regular attendance and interaction are required, just like in a face-to-face class, but students can attend from their current location without having to commute.
In the Fall 2023 Main Session, six courses will be offered through the Live Distance mode:
• Overview of Computer Science (CSCI-140-60) M,W, F – 8:30-9:25 am
• Creative Writing and Advanced Creative Writing (ENGL-240-60 and 242-60) T, Th – 7:00-8:25 pm
• Calculus and Analytic Geometry II (MATH-123-60) M, T, W, Th, F – 10:30-11:25 am
• Calculus and Analytics Geometry III (MATH-205-60) M, T, W, Th, F – 10:00-10:55 am
• College Reading (READ-093-60) M, W – 5:30-6:55 pm
• Early Childhood Education (ECHD-105-60) M, T, W, Th – 2:00-2:50 pm
To participate in a Buster Live Distance course, students must have reliable internet access and a webcam-enabled computer. Further technical requirements are available online in GCCC’s FAQ for Online Students.
New students should fill out the free application for admission on the GCCC website to get started.
Current students should speak with their advisor about enrolling in a Buster Live Distance course.
For any questions about Buster Live Distance, please contact GCCC Online Campus
email@example.com or 620-276-9788.