Twelve members of the Garden City High School International Thespian Society Troupe #2846 attended the International Thespian Festival held from June 19 – 23 at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana.
Seven students received a superior ranking (highest level rank), including:
- Alex Terriquez (recent graduate) in Stage Management for “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder”
- Hayley Loya (rising senior) in Solo Musical for Breathe from “In the Heights”
- Ryan Pilosof (recent graduate) in Solo Musical for Lost in the Wilderness from “Children of Eden”
- Georgia Fahrmeier (rising senior) for Solo Musical for Once Upon A Dream from “Jekyll and Hyde”
- Phybee Madlangbayan (rising senior) in Solo Acting for two monologues
- Hayley Loya and Ryan Pilosof in Duet Musical for Notice Me Horton from “Seussical”
- Izzy Frey (rising junior) for Scenic Design for “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder”
Four entries received an excellent ranking (second highest rank, including:
- Maria Sanchez (recent graduate) in Solo Musical for I Don’t Know How to Love Him from “Jesus Christ Superstar”
- Danica Galia (rising junior) for solo musical for I’d Give My Life for You from “Miss Saigon”
- Razel Quintero (recent graduate) and Georgia Fahrmeier in Duet Musical for Green Green Dress from “Tick, Tick Boom”
- Santiago Rueda (rising senior), Jasper Transfiguracion (rising senior) and Nic Vigil (rising junior) for group acting for a scene from the “Ledge, the Ledger and the Legend”
One good rank was awarded to Esme Corado (recent graduate) for Costume Construction for “Jekyll and Hyde.”
In addition to competing in Thespys, Ryan Pilosof performed in the staged Commissioned Musical, “Family Album”, which was rehearsed and workshopped during the festival.
Family Album is a new musical with Music and Lyrics by Joe Iconis and Conceived by Joe Iconis and John Simpkins.
Iconis is a Broadway composer and lyricist known widely for his musical “Be More Chill.” Simpkins is head of the musical theatre program at Penn State University. Pilosof worked with Iconis and Simpkins as well as other Broadway professionals on “Family Album.”
Santiago Rueda, Hayley Loya, Georgia Fahrmeier and Phybee Madlangbayan auditioned for colleges and had many college callbacks.
All the students attended great workshops by industry professionals, saw amazing Mainstage and One-Act plays and musicals from across the country. The students also attended an expo of vendors and college representatives, as well as networked with theater students from around the world.