Summertime meals for children and youth are being provided by Garden City Public Schools Summer Food Service program at various locations around the community.
The meals are free for anyone age 18 and under and no reservations are needed for the meals. While meals for youth 18 and under are free, adults may purchase a lunch at a cost of $4. Children must be present to receive a meal.
The 2023 summer meal program includes a Mobile Meals program and a Grab and Go Meal service. Look for the big yellow flags to highlight the locations that will be serving the meals.
The Mobile Grab and Go sites will be held Monday through Thursday June 5 – June 29. The sites and times include:
- 10:30 – 10:45 a.m. at Mary Street Apartments, 305 W. Mary Street
- 10:45 – 11:15 a.m. at Burnside Frontage, 400 Burnside Drive.
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. at Acosta Trailer Park, 2601 W. Mary Street; H&H Trailer Park, 4103 E. US Hwy 50; and East Garden Village, 4101 E. US Hwy 50.
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. at Wagon Wheel, 1402 Boots Rd.; Towns Riverview, 6000 Water Hole Dr.; Farmland Rd., 50 Farmland Rd.; and Ayala Park, 224 N. Taylor Avenue.
- 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. at Garden Rapids at the Big Pool, 504 E. Maple Street.
The Grab and Go sites include:
- May 30 – July 27 at Horace Good Middle School from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- June 2 – July 29 at the Finney County Library from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
- May 22 – August 11 at Finney County Health Department from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
There are also school sites. Food must be eaten on the campus at these sites. They include:
- June 5 – June 22 at Abe Hubert Elementary School and Gertrude Walker Elementary School: Breakfast from 8:00 – 8:45 a.m. and Lunch from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- June 5 – June 22 at Garfield Early Childhood Center: Breakfast from 8:00 – 8:45 a.m. and Lunch from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- June 5 – 30 at Garden City High School: Breakfast from 7:45 – 9:00 a.m. and Lunch from 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The meals are like those provided during the school year, which is an entree as well as plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. The program is funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture and is an equal opportunity provider.
For more information, contact Tracy Johnson at 620-805-7080, or email@example.com.