Due to approval of the negotiated agreement between the school district and the Garden City Education Association, Garden City Public Schools will have new ending times for the 2022-23 school year.
The agreement added 20 minutes to the daily student contact time and the number of contract days was reduced by six days for the school year.
Student contact changes from 400 minutes to 420 minutes/day, which reduces total days from 174.5 to 169.5 for the district.
- The start times for the elementary schools in the district will be 8:30 a.m. The schools will release at 4:10 p.m. daily.
- The intermediate centers in the district will start at 8:30 a.m. and will let out at 4:05 p.m. every day.
- The middle schools in the district will start at 7:50 a.m. and will end school at 3:10 p.m. each day.
- The Garden City Achieve will start at 8:20 a.m. and will let out at 3:40 p.m.
- The Garden City High School will start at 7:50 a.m. and will end the school day at 3:20 p.m.
- Garfield Early Childhood Center’s morning session will start at 8:30 a.m. and end at 11:45 a.m. The afternoon session will start at 12:25 p.m. and end at 3:40 p.m.
Parents are asked to update their contact information with the schools so buildings can contact families on any updates throughout the school year.
The first day of school for the 2022-23 school year will be Wednesday, Aug 17 with a half-day orientation for students in grades kindergarten through fifth, seventh, ninth and tenth, and all students new to Garden City Public Schools.
The first full day of school for the district will be Thursday, August 18. All classes will be in session for the start of the 2022-23 school year.
For more information about the start of the school year, go to www.gckschools.com.
Garden City Schools offers parents online payments for school meals
Garden City Public Schools now offers parents the convenience of making secure, cashless payments online for their children’s school meals through MyPaymentsPlus for the 2022-23 school year.
The app provides an easy-to-use, efficient way to make payments quickly and securely anytime using a simple internet connection.
Parents will no longer hassle with sending money or multiple checks to multiple locations for multiple students. It can all be done with one payment on the MyPaymentsPlus app on your smartphone or tablet device.
Parents can monitor their child’s account balance, view account transactions and history, set-up auto-payments, and receive low balance alerts.
To learn more about the new program, or to set up an account, go to the district’s website at www.gckschools.com.