The Garden City Public Schools Summer Food Service program is providing summertime meals to children and youth at various locations around the community. The meals are free for anyone age 18 and under, and reservations are not necessary. Adults may purchase a lunch for $4. Children must be present to receive a meal. The 2022 summer meal program will have a Mobile Meals program and a Grab and Go Meal service this year. Look for the big yellow flags to highlight the locations that will be serving the meals.
The Mobile Meals will be provided Monday through Thursday from June 6 – June 30. The sites and times include:
- 10:30 – 10:45 a.m. at Mary Street Apartments, 305 W. Mary Street
- 10:45 – 11:15 a.m. at Burnside Frontage, 400 Burnside Dr.
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. at Acosta Trailer Park, 2601 W. Mary Street; H&H Trailers, 4103 E. US Hwy 50; and East Garden Village, 4101 E. US Hwy 50.
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. at Wagon Wheel, 1402 Boots Rd.; Towns Riverview, 6000 Water Hole Dr.; Farmland Rd., 50 Farmland Rd.; and Ayala Park, 224 N. Taylor.
- 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. at the Zoo Parking Lot, 504 E. Maple St.
The Grab and Go Meals service schedule
- Gertrude Walker Elementary School from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday from June 6 to June 30.
- Buffalo Jones Elementary School, Florence Wilson Elementary School, and Victor Ornelas Elementary School: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday from June 6 to June 17.
- Finney County Library from noon to 1:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday through July 31.
The meals are like those provided during the school year, which is an entree as well as plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
The program is funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture and is an equal opportunity provider.
For more information, contact Tracy Johnson at 620-805-7080, or firstname.lastname@example.org.