Garden City High School had 11 students complete the Southwest District of Kansas Music Educators Association virtual audition process on Sept. 24for the District Honor Jazz Band.
The students that qualified for the band will perform Nov. 6 at the 2021 SWKMEA Honor District Jazz Band in Dodge City.
The following students were selected to perform in the District Honor Jazz Band:
- Joshua Martinez, tenor saxophone 1;
- Andrew Moreno, tenor saxophone 2;
- Alonso Guevara, baritone saxophone;
- Meara Bergstrom, trumpet 1;
- Kyle Miller, trumpet 2;
- Ivan Rivas, trumpet 3;
- Ryan Ochampaugh, trombone 3;
- Juan Moya, trombone 4;
- Makenna Metheny, bass, is an alternate.
Students from Garden City High School comprise over half of the 15-member band.
The GCHS band director is Lyle Sobba.