For the April 7, 2020, City Commission meeting the Commission Chambers will be closed, and the Mayor, Commissioners, and staff will be participating in the meeting remotely. The public may participate in the meeting by using the free digital conferencing service, Zoom.
• Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/358034333?pwd=Mkk3M1E2bGVTUEtKV3BSL3VyQzNyQT09 • Password: 750628
• Or iPhone one-tap: US: +16699006833,,358034333# or +13462487799,,358034333#
• Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
• Webinar ID: 358 034 333; Password: 750628
• International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/adarqz9AA
The public can watch the meeting live on the City’s social media platforms, Facebook Live (@CityofGardenCityKS) and YouTube (@City of Garden City, KS).
City of Garden City Helpful Hints for City Commission Meeting on Zoom
- What is Zoom? Zoom is a free digital conferencing service that allows meetings to be broadcast on the internet to devices such as computers, tablets, and smartphones. There is no fee to use Zoom, but your phone minutes or data plan will be used while accessing.
- Get the FREE Zoom App. To access video and audio, download the free Zoom app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer (https://zoom.us/). If you choose not to download the app, after clicking the meeting link, you will be prompted to open Zoom or have the option of downloading the app to access the meeting.
- Webinar Settings. All meetings will have viewers muted, and their video will be disabled. This allows the meeting to be orderly and enables everyone to hear what is happening. Those who are participating in the webinar will be unmuted when it is his/her time on the agenda so everyone can see and hear them.
- Expect an Entry Delay. There will be a delay in entering the meeting once you access it. We have to manually allow entrance into the meeting from the waiting room.
- Please Provide Full Name. If using a smartphone or computer-type device to access the video/audio for the meeting, you will be asked to list your name – and a pre-populated name may appear automatically.
- Click the Link. To join the meeting, click on the meeting link on your smartphone or computer-type device. Join Webinar
- Landline/Audio Only Calls. If you only want to call in for audio on either a landline or a cell phone, the meeting invitation will have several phone numbers listed for the United States. Once you call the number, you will be required to input your Webinar ID (358 034 333), followed by a #. You may be asked to provide a participant number if you have it. Nobody will have such a number, so please press # again as the system will request.
- Thanks for your Patience. Please understand that we are working extremely hard to make these systems work, but we expect there will be glitches and things we have not anticipated. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.