After the Garden City Community College Meats Judging Team fell victim to theft on their trip to compete in the national competition, the GCCC Endowment Association, Klaus Wood Pellets, and Rocking M Media are sponsoring a raffle to help raise funds to replace the stolen personal items belonging to students on the team. For a $20 donation, ticket buyers will receive the chance to have their ticket number drawn on December 2, 2019. The winning ticket holders will receive one of the prizes listed below.
• TRAEGER PRO 780 grill with cover, folding shelf and 4 bags of pellets ($1225 value)
• 7 CUBIC FOOT FREEZER filled 1/2 WITH PORK (from Seaboard Foods) and 1/2 WITH BEEF (Tom Jones and HyPlains Feedyard)
• SET OF RIBEYE STEAKS (packages of 2 each) worth $500
• 2 – $100 GIFT CARDS TO KLAUS WOOD PELLETS
• 2 – $100 GIFT CARDS TO KLAUS WOOD PELLETS AND BUSTER RED MEATS (sponsored by Marc & Jackie Gigot)
• Broncbuster Bookstore basket
• GCCC Criminal Justice Program basket
Garden City Community College and the Meats Team extends thanks to Klaus Wood Pellets and Traeger for donating the grill, as well as to Bonita McClure for donating the freezer, Seaboard Foods for donating the pork for the freezer, and Marc and Jackie Gigot for donating the gift cards.
Tickets are available at the GCCC Endowment Association Office, from any GCCC Meats Team member or coach, and at Klaus Wood Pellets. These are excellent prizes and all of the funding will go to help the team recapture some of the losses.