Garden City Arts and the Finney County Fair Board are partnering to host the inaugural Southwest Kansas Juried Art Exhibit.
According to the Garden City Arts Facebook page, this competition is open to the any resident of Kansas who is 18 years of age or older. A total of $750 in cash awards will be given out by the juror. Please read the entry guidelines below or visit www.gardencityarts.org for more information.
HOW TO ENTER
Whether shipped or hand-delivered to Garden City Arts, all entries must arrive by 5 p.m. Saturday, July 20. Visit (http://gardencityarts.org/swks-juried-art-exhibit) for an entry form and entry tags. Please complete the entry form and securely attach the entry tags to the back of each piece of artwork submitted.
All entries will be displayed at the Finney County Fair, scheduled for July 24-27. The juror will select up to 50 pieces to be displayed at Garden City Arts during the month of August and will distribute prizes among the pieces selected for the show.
• Participants must be a resident of Kansas and 18+ years of age.
• Only works in acrylic, oil, water color, pastel, drawing, original printmaking, mixed-media, photography, fiber, sculpture and ceramics are eligible for this competition.
• Submissions may be up to 4 feet in one direction; nothing larger will be accepted.
• 2D submissions must have secure hanging devices and either framed or matted (except for canvas with wrapped sides). Sculptures must be independently stable.
• Each work submitted must be original and clearly labeled on the back with the tags provided on the revise side of this form.
• Garden City Arts will retain a 25 percent commission on all sales of work accepted into the exhibit.
FEES & LIABILITIES
The entry fee for this competition is $20 for up to 4 submissions. Entry fees are non-refundable and do not guarantee entry into the exhibit. Checks should be made payable to Garden City Arts.
Utmost care will be given to all entries; however, Garden City Arts and the sponsors of the exhibit will assume no responsibility for the loss or damage to any work entered. All individuals working with this exhibition shall be held blameless for any and all liabilities arising from this exhibition.
• JULY 20: Entry Deadline. All entries must arrive at Garden City Arts by 5 p.m.
• JULY 24 – 27: All entries will be put on display during the Finney County Fair and open to the public.
• JULY 29: Artists will be notified via email if their pieces were accepted into the Garden City Arts showcase that will run through the month of August.
• AUGUST 2: Opening reception will be held at Garden City Arts from 6 – 8 p.m.
• AUGUST 30: Exhibit concludes. All entries must be picked up by September 14.
Best in Show: $200
People’s Choice Award: $150
David Kinder Best Abstract Award: $100
1st Place 2D Art: $100
1st Place 3D Art: $100
1st Place Photography: $100
For more information and printable forms visit: