Commencement exercises for the 132nd Garden City High School senior class is 7 p.m. Saturday, May 18, in the gymnasium at Garden City High School, 2720 Buffalo Way Blvd.
Each graduate will receive six (6) tickets, for the graduation ceremony during graduation practices that will be held on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. Seniors are required to attend only one graduation practice. No tickets will be given out after 4 p.m. Friday, May 17.
The GCHS administration requests that guests do not bring balloons, air horns or other noise making devices to distract from the graduation ceremony. The graduating seniors are being asked to follow a few guidelines to make their final experience at Garden City High School a dignified and memorable occasion. The guidelines for seniors include:
1. Dress will be semiformal or business casual. (No shorts, tank tops, etc.)
2. Shoes or sandals are required. There are to be no beach flip-flops.
3. Do not bring purses and/or bags. All unnecessary items will be collected and locked in the principal’s office and can be picked up on Monday, May 20, 2019.
4. Please do not bring cell phones. They will not be allowed during the ceremony.
5. The tops of the caps cannot be decorated.
Guests are asked to enter the gymnasium and be seated starting at 5:30 p.m. The audience is asked not to move from their places during the ceremony unless they are leaving.
The graduation ceremony will also be broadcast on the large screens in the GCHS auditorium for those who do not have tickets for the event. It will also be broadcast on Buffalo Broadcasting System cable channel 21 and online at the Garden City High School Buffaloes YouTube channel.
Project Graduation will take place at the YMCA, 1224 Center Street, Saturday, May 18th, from 9:45 p.m. to 2 a.m. Project Graduation is a safe, positive night-long festivity that keeps graduates from participating in risky and dangerous behaviors such as parties that may allow alcohol consumption.